1. The amount of capital provided to small and start-up companies will continue to shrink
2. Investors in start-up companies will continue to face a poor market for exiting from their investments
3. Methods for internally financing companies will grow in popularity
4. Government officials won’t pay much attention to entrepreneurial finance
5. Attitudes toward financing start-ups and small businesses will change
I am honestly not so sure how confident will I be with Scott's list but the explanations he presented on each point does really made sense.
Read more about Top 5 Trends for Small Business Finance in 2009 for Scott's further explainations.